Where there’s a Jill, there’s a quilt crush…
For quilting goals, be sure to stalk follow this talented bunch of top modern quilters, toute suite:
- @suzyquilts (Chicago). Suzy specialises in original, easy-to-access designs while she effortlessly puts together fresh and sensationally simple colour palettes. She offers patterns (sometimes FREE), an informative YouTube channel and her feed is a master class in quilt styling. Oh, and did I mention her pup Scrap is completely adorable ❤
- Mathew Boudreaux, AKA @misterdomestic (Washington State) is throwing a fabric party and we’re all invited! It’s small wonder he has amassed such a loyal following, his English Paper Piecing (EPP) is exquisite, his enthusiasm for the art infectious and the quilting tutorials over on his new YouTube channel top-notch. You will want to be his best friend.
- @skinnymalinkyquilts (Lucy Engels, Edinburgh) is an award-winning printmaker and her background in fine art permeates her work – from full-size quilts to cushions and framed mini-quilts perfectly hewn from geometric solids. Lucy designs, prints and sells her own line of fabric too.
- Helsinki-based Elina (@saija-elina) may have been quilting for over 20 years but her work is anything but stale. She offers quiltspo aplenty, taking seemingly already-perfect quilt patterns and takes them to a whole new level of awesome. Her Scandi-chic home provides the backdrop for many of her pics, so expect both quilting and interiors envy.
- If Mister Domestic is the king of EPP, Jodi of @talesofcloth (Victoria, Australia) is the queen; she designs quilts and laser cuts template pieces, which are available to purchase on talesofcloth.com. Her website is also generously filled with invaluable tips for EPP newbies *raises hand*
- Brigitte Heitland (@zenchicmoda) is a former interior designer who studied textile design and whose grandma taught her to sew as a young girl. She is a skilled longarm quilter too and, boy, does it show! Brigitte lives in Gemany, where she designs quilt patterns and fabric for a living, and fills her Instagram feed with quilting loveliness.
- @quiltkween (handle envy, right there) is Milwaukee-based Arianna Caggiano. A relative newcomer to quilting at seven years, her background in fibre arts and textiles really shows; less quilts, more modern art exhibits. A gal after my own heart, Arianna loves to experiment and is not averse to figuring stuff out via web tutorials if and when need be.